Learn the A-Zs of what is Over Under in Football betting via simple beginner’s guide. Join W88 to play Over Under football betting with 100% up to A$60 Bonus!
If you are a beginner who wants to know more about the betting options under popular sports matches, then you have come to the right place here we explore all the betting options with examples and beginner tutorials that you will need. In this article, we will be looking into what is Over Under in Football betting with simple beginner examples, tutorials, and three bonus tips to help you win the easiest betting option in football matches online. So, go ahead and make the W88 Bet Login to claim the extravagant new member bonuses to play Over Under football betting today!
What is Over/Under in Football Betting?
Getting straight to the point, let us address what is Over Under in football betting. It is important to note that Over/Under is depicted as O/U in most sportsbooks online. For this, you must first understand what does Over/Under mean in football betting separately. Over and Under are the two sub-betting options in Over Under football betting wherein you must bet to predict the total score of both teams combined at the end of the football match.
So, here you must bet to predict whether the total score of the teams will be Over which is more than a given margin, or Under which is less than the given margin for the match. There are many over/under variants with different margins. For instance, you can even wager on an individual team’s total score at the end of the game play to be over or under a given margin. Overall, the Over Under betting option is the most simple betting option you can play using sites like the W88 Sportsbook.
How does the Over Under work in Football explained with examples
To understand what does Over Under mean in football betting in a much better way, let us now understand how does the over under work in football using examples from the W88 Sportsbook. Here we will be looking into two different types of Over Under football betting margins which is the Decimal 2.5 margin and the Non-Decimal 2 margin. Together, this how does the over under work in football explanation will give you a clearer understanding of what does Over/Under mean in football betting.
Decimal margin Over Under football betting
|Over means more than, so Over 2.5 means more than 2.5. This means that the teams’ total score should be more than 2.5 goals, which is 3 or more than 3 goals for the bet to win.
|Under means less than, so Under 2.5 means less than 2.5. This means that the teams’ total score should be less than 2.5 goals, which is 2, 1, or 0 for the bet to win.
Non-decimal margin Over Under football betting
|Since Over means more than, Over 2 means that the total score of both teams should be more than 2 goals, that is 3 or more than 3 goals for the bet to win.
|Since Under means less than, Under 2 means that the total score of both teams should be less than 2 goals, that is 2, 1, or 0 goals for the bet to win.
|Exactly 2: In the case where the Over Under betting option has no decimal margin, there is a possibility of an exact score option. In this case, if the teams’ total score is exactly 2 goals, then your betting stake is returned to you as this is considered as a draw.
Play Over Under football betting at W88 in 3 simple steps
Let us now move on to the next section of this what does Over Under mean in football betting article. Here we will look into the 3 simple betting steps of playing the Over Under football betting at W88. W88 offers members the best sportsbooks to play betting online and also provides new members with extravagant W88 promotion welcome bonuses on the first deposit.
Step 1: Log in at W88 and select a sportsbook of your choice
- The first thing you must do is log into your W88 account by clicking on the ‘Login‘ button on the top right corner of the homepage.
- If you do not own a W88 account then create one in the W88 register under 2 minutes by clicking on the ‘Join‘ button.
- Once done, hover your mouse over the ‘Sports‘ option on the homepage, and from under it click on your preferred sportsbook and move on to the next step.
Step 2: Filter the sportsbook and click on your preferred football match
- When you find yourself on the homepage of the selected sportsbook, select your preferred match timing from the Early, Today, and Live options.
- Then filter the W88 Sportsbook by selecting the ‘Soccer‘ and then the ‘HDP & O/U‘ options from the left panel to get the desired Over Under football betting match on one page.
- Then find a match or suitable O/U margin you would like to place a wager on and move on to the final step of this Over Under football betting tutorial.
Step 3: Wager on the Over or Under option in the betting slip
- Once you find your desired match you must click on a sub-betting option under the O/U bet keeping the what does Over Under mean in football betting explanation in mind.
- This will open a bet slip on the left side of your screen where you must enter your betting stake and doing so would show you the potential maximum payout returns based on the odds of the selected sub-bet.
- Then click on the ‘Bet‘ button to lock your bets in for the match in the W88 Sportsbook. Now all that is left for you to do is sit back and enjoy the live match while anticipating the bet results at the end of the match.
Learn the Over Under football betting match-end outcomes with odds
With the what does over/under mean in football betting explanation and tutorial, by now you must get a proper understanding of what is an over under bet in football and how does the over under work in football betting online. Here we will now look into the match outcomes of what is an over under bet in football. Moreover, we will be looking into how the W88 Betting Odds work in sportsbooks.
|Wagered on Over 3.5 @ 1.86
|Wagered on Under 3.5 @ 1.90
|Betting odds: 1.86
|Betting odds: 1.90
|Betting stake: A$10
|Betting stake: A$10
|If the bet wins: Payout of A$18.60 is received
|If the bet wins: Payout of A$19.00 is received
|If the bet losses: Betting stake is lost
|If the bet losses: Betting stake is lost
The above table depicts how does the over under work in football betting with regards to the win/loss scenarios of both the sub-betting options of the match example used in the what is an over under bet in football tutorial above. That being said, you may also notice that the payout is based on the betting stake and odds determine the payout returns and that it is different for both the sub-bets. This means that higher odds pay more since the chances of losing are higher and that lower odds pay less because these bets are easier to win.
Adopt these 3 pro Over Under football betting tips to win online
In the final section of this what is Over Under in football betting article, let us introduce you to the 3 pro tips from our experts that can help you win any over under bets you place online. These three beginner tips must be kept in mind along with the what is an over under bet in football explanation above, to effectively get huge payout returns for the bets you win.
- Make use of statistical data charts in the sportsbook: The first thing you must ensure to do before wagering on any over under football bets is to look at the statistical chart data that provide you with information on the teams’ previous scores that help in determining their average scores to place bets accurately.
- Wager on Lower betting odds to win more easily: Another helpful way to win over under football betting is to wager more on the option with lower odds since lower odds have fewer odds to defy and more chances of winning, unlike higher odds wherein you must defy the high odds to win the bet.
- Do not tie Over Under bets in Parley betting: When playing over under football betting it is important to note that these bets are simple when played one by one so you must not tie them together in parley bets, since although that would payout more it would mean that you must defy high odds and all bets must win for the parley bet to win.
This was the What is Over Under in Football Betting A-Z beginners guide with examples from the W88 sportsbook. Using this what is an over under bet in football tutorial you can go ahead and wager on any O/U margin bets in the sportsbook. To gain maximum benefits, be sure to use the W88 Sportsbook wherein you can claim new member bonuses on your first deposit. For more football betting tips and tricks, be sure to keep visiting our website.